Computer Science Department, Rice University, Houston, Texas, U.S.A. In collaboration with
School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade
The Serbian American Chamber of Commerce of Houston
Are announcing the following
For one three-month fellowship award as part of the “Computer Science Student Advancement Program (CSSAP)”
- Individual fellowship includes temporary employment at the BioinformaticsResearch Laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine (BRL-BCM) in Houston, Texas, under the mentorship of a BCM faculty member
- Award will be granted for approximately the July - September period
- One fellowship will be awarded
- Applicants must be 4th or 5th year undergraduate students or junior researchers(within 3 years post-graduation) in the School of Electrical Engineering
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 8.5/10 is required
- Fluency in spoken and written English must be demonstrated
- Minimum of 1 references from faculty or collaborators in the field ofComputer Science and 1 in the field of Biology or Medicine
- Other supporting materials, such as lists of accomplishments and published papersare encouraged but not required. The most qualified candidates will demonstrate accomplishments in bridging Computer Science and Biomedicine.
- Current CV with a list of publications, GPA, curricular and extra-curricularactivities, academic and work experience and achievements.
- Current transcripts
- Minimum of 2 reference letters as specified above
- A letter from the applicant describing his/her (1) background; (2) scientific interests;(3) career plan; (4) ways in which the fellowship would advance the career plan. Plans to bridge computer science with biomedical research or with medical genetics would be of particular interest.
- Any supplemental materials
All applications should be submitted in electronic form to Ms. Elke Norwig-Eastaugh at Baylor College of Medicine (email to email@example.com with "CSSAP competition" in Subject line).All questions about the program can be directed to Dr. Aleksandar Milosavljevic (email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CSSAP competition" in Subject line) or Prof. Zoran Jovanović (email@example.com)
The deadline for submitting the applications is April 18th, 2014.